Saturday, May 26, 2012

Shredded Chicken Taco's

My newest creation is Shredded Chicken Taco's.  Such a huge success at our house!  :)  We love taco's.  At least once a week, one of the kids or the hubby requests taco's.  Now, don't get me wrong, I love taco's too, but over and over again, get a little tiring.  So, I started brainstorming new ideas for our taco nights.  I found a few recipes that looked okay, but not something that I thought my whole family would enjoy.  So, I took a few different recipes and came up with my newest idea.

Ingredients:
1 package of taco seasoning

1 package of ranch dressing mix
1/2 cup sour cream
4 chicken breasts, shredded
10-12 corn taco shells
The following ingredients are all optional, it is what you generally put on a taco!  Just use what you already love!
1 large tomato
1 can black olives
1 large onion  
shredded lettuce
shredded cheese
taco sauce (Pace, Ortega, your favorite!)

In medium bowl, mix sour cream, package of ranch dressing mix and 2 tbsp taco seasoning.  Cover and refrigerate until ready to eat.

 Quarter each chicken breast and place in large frying pan.  Add 2 cups of water and the rest of taco seasoning to the chicken.  Over medium heat, cook the chicken for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally.  After the chicken has cooked, take each quarter out and shred it with a fork and knife.  Replace all shredded chicken in the pan with the water and seasoning.  Simmer for 10 minutes.
 


While the chicken is simmering, prepare the rest of your toppings, tomato, onion, black olive, etc.  When the chicken is ready, almost all of the juice will be soaked up into the pieces.  Using tongs, place chicken on a serving platter!



At our house, frying individual taco shells one at a time is way too time consuming!  I place the taco shells on a dish towel arranged as I have them in the picture to the left.  Wrap the towel around the shells and place in the microwave for 1 minute and serve!





 


Top each taco with your regular veggies, the sour cream mixture and Ortega sauce (if you want!!)  Enjoy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment