Monday, June 4, 2012

BBQ Chicken

Chicken is a pretty common meal at our house.  We generally have it a couple times a week.  Finding new recipes to use can sometimes be a little challenging.  Searching without much luck one day, I stumbled upon a recipe for BBQ chicken on the grill.  I love chicken and bbq.  So, the grilled bbq chicken recipe sounded amazing to me.  Of course, the day we planned to try out this recipe, it was raining, pouring.  So, I played with the recipe a little and came up with BBQ Chicken for my crock pot.

Ingredients:

4-6 chicken breasts 

1 bottle of bbq sauce (your favorite, we use Sweet Baby Rays!)
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp garlic powder

Directions:
Place chicken breasts in crock pot.  I have tried frozen and thawed breasts, doesn't seem to make any difference which way you do it.  (Of course, the cooking time will change though!)  In a medium bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients.

Pour the bbq mixture over the top of your chicken breasts.  Cook on low 4-5 hours for thawed breasts, 7-8 hours for frozen.

After they are done cooking, please serve them with this!
 Enjoy! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment