Monday, June 4, 2012

Meatballs

Meatballs are a favorite at our house.  My boys' are always asking for meatballs.  Please, Mom!!  That is what I hear.  I came up with a new one for my crock pot recently.  I love to have a "baked" meal, but it has been so darn hot lately that I don't want to turn on my oven.  My crock pot is my best friend...all the time!  :) 

Ingredients:

Meatballs
2 lbs of ground beef (could substitute 1 lb beef and 1 lb pork if you want)
1 small onion, chopped
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
2 eggs, slightly beaten
salt and pepper (to taste)

Sauce
1 can chicken broth
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of celery
1 package of dry onion soup mix

Line the crock pot with aluminum foil or a crock pot liner.  This makes clean up after these babies SO much easier!  If using foil, spray with cooking spray.  Mix all meatball ingredients in a large bowl.  Shape meatballs into golf ball sized balls.  Start layering them in the bottom of the crock pot. 
 
 Mix all sauce ingredients in a large bowl with whisk.  Be sure to mix until it is all incorporated or you will get clumps of the soup mix that will be really salty!

 Pour the sauce over the meatballs in the crock pot.  Cook on low 4-5 hours or high 2-3 hours.  Serve over buttered noodles with a veggie!


 Enjoy!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment