Thursday, October 18, 2012

Chalkboard Paint

Another favorite gem I came across this summer was chalk board paint.  It is amazing stuff!  I know I am a little behind the times, as it has been around for awhile, but I have finally made it to the excitement!  There have been quite a few projects that I embarked on during the rainy days of the summer, but this one is probably one of my all time favorites!  We have an outdoor wood furnace and get a lot of our wood from an Amish man who makes pallets.  So, basically that means, lots of cut off pieces for me to rummage through until I find the ones I want for a new project!  I have accumulated quite a few new decorative pieces in my house from my scavenging!




I picked out 6 different sized boards that had the approximate length I was looking for.  After trimming a couple, I used another board long enough to go across the entire back of the other six boards to attach them all together.



I did one layer of a regular primer on the front and back of the entire thing.  I wasn't sure how well the chalkboard paint would cover since it was my first real project.  I probably didn't need to do the primer layer, but it is nice to have it on the back so it is not as "unfinished".  I added two layers of the chalkboard paint and tada!!  I love it, it is versatile, can be rewritten any time, works with every different type of decoration I have tried.


Happy Fall!!


















No comments:

Post a Comment