Sunday, October 21, 2012

Flowers



I was so incredibly excited to be able to have the time and energy and everything else that was needed this year for me to have a flower garden.  I poured over the catalogs that kept coming and coming in the mail and I have to admit, I was overwhelmed.  So many pretty flowers, but, what do I know about perennials and border or trellis flowers?  Not much!  I had to take a quick crash course because the one thing I did know was I wanted flowers blooming at my house!  As you can see, the gladiolas were one of my all time favorites!  They all turned out SO incredibly pretty, I probably have close to as many pics of the glads as I do of my children during the time they bloomed!  ;)  





Maybe not, but I know it is close!  Another huge favorite was the lilies.  Oh my goodness, they were so pretty.  I cannot wait until next year when they are a little more mature and have slightly large blossoms...oh, so much beautifulness!!

   
And then, my rose bush.  Hallelujah for the amazing woman who planted this rose bush!  I have no idea how long it has been here, but boy oh boy!!  I am so happy it is here!


It is huge!  It was FULL of roses!  It was probably my favorite place to "relax" while watching the kids play outside!

I have a lot of ideas for next summer that are already starting to brew.  I better hide the flower catalogs from my husband!  He is probably tired of helping!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment