Sunday, October 14, 2012

Summer Insanity

I am a terrible blogger.  I have not had one blog post for months...ugh.  I am going to try harder!  In my defense, summer at our house is a little....ok, seriously, TOTAL insanity!!  Between gardening, canning, mowing, flower beds, swimming lessons, summer school, library, the end of soccer season, the beginning of football season...I could go on!  Let's just say, summer is very busy for us.  I was able to have a wonderful garden this year.  I was so excited to get my gardening gloves on again after having a year off because of our move.  I may have went a little over board in the canning department.  It's ok though, I keep telling myself, maybe I won't have to do so much next year!!  RIGHT!  I kept track of my canning progress this year to see what I had a lot left over of and not so much of any thing else.  My list looks a little like this:

Canned:
Green Beans:  55 quarts
Pineapple Zucchini:  20 pints
Tomatoes:  102 quarts (HOOORAY!!)
Spaghetti:  20 quarts

Frozen:
Green Peppers:  10 quart bags
Shredded Zucchini:  50 cups
Brussel Sprouts:  10 quart bags
Cauliflower:  5 quart bags
Apples:  10 quart bags







Not too shabby for my first year of a garden here at the new house!  I was presently surprised with the production that we got.  What a wonderful way to start my fall and winter!  So much more to blog about, but just wanted to get a little start again!  I have added a few of my favorite pics of my littles for you to enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment